Over 72 Million people use WordPress… Why should you?
What makes WordPress so special?
The most important reason many people use WordPress is due to the fact that WordPress is free. Anyone can download WordPress; due to it’s General Public License(GPL) WordPress can be modified by anyone to include new features, or add ‘code’ to extend how WordPress functions. This means WordPress only gets better with each new version and grows almost endlessly. WordPress also has an extensive online community with millions of developers, users and newbies to help you make the most of WordPress or help you with a problem.
Most of those beautiful, elegant websites you see utilize WordPress easily customization interfaces called ‘themes’. WordPress offers a well-documented framework and thousands of free or premium themes available for you to use. Thanks to this vast library of beautiful and functional designs that are freely licensed (or inexpensive) you are able to save development time as opposed to building a unique site from scratch.
Ease of Use
WordPress is one of the most popular blog type content management scripts available on the web today -primarily due to it’s flexibility, ease of use and simplistic nature. WordPress powers all sorts of websites; from artists to e-commerce and even social networking. ‘Why?’ you may ask; because WordPress was built as a blogging platform for the lesser non-tech savvy writers meaning that there’s less to learn. This makes WordPress simple, and not as bloated or complex as Joomla or Drupal.
• Used by 20-25% of newly published websites.
• Used by 16% of existing websites.
• Used by 14.7% of the top million websites in the entire world.
• By March, WordPress was used on 72.4 million websites internationally.
• Became the most used and popular CMS.
• Used by 50% of all websites around the globe.
WordPress 3.3 Downloads
• More than 12 million downloads in April 2012.
• 26.9% of WordPress sites use 3.3.
• WordPress gets more than 37 million global searches per month.
• United States – Used by 22 of every 100 new domains.
• United Kingdom – The 18th most popular website.
• Indonesia – The 8th most popular website.
• The average month will bring in over 352 million people to more than 2.5 million pages.
• The average week will contain over 225,000 theme switches from users.
• The average day will bring approximately 500,000 new posts.
• 32 million sites are active on the Multisite version of WordPress.com
• Over 826,000 YouTube videos were embedded in the first week of March 2012.
• WordPress now integrates social networking and multimedia publishing platforms, such as Flickr, Photobucket, Slideshare, SoundCloud, Twitter, and Vimeo.
• WordPress – 53.8%
• Others – 30.3%
• Joomla! – 9.2%
• Drupal – 6.7%
• There are over 19,000 free plugins on WordPress.
• WordPress plugins altogether have been downloaded over 285 million times.
• Allows you track your WordPress site.
• Provides a lot of information, like views per author and category, automatic tracking of outbound clicks, and page views.
• 3.01 million downloads in total.
• 3,000 downloads a day.
• Helps you improve our WordPress SEO.
• Aids you to write better content and have more optimization.
• 1.12 million downloads in total.
• 3,000 downloads a day.
Interested in working with us? Contact Us and let us know about your web design project. We’ll be in touch!